Kim Smith is the owner and lead trainer at Chasing The Wild LLC. She has been working the dog industry for nearly 20 years. Her early career in veterinary medicine launched a desire to help people build a healthy relationship with their dogs. Kim worked 14 years as a vet tech. She is passionate about holistic wellness and strives to bring people and dogs closer to nature. In her spare time Kim enjoys traveling and adventuring with her family and dogs. If she’s not out adventuring she’s investing back into her education around all things dog.
- DMACC Vet Tech Program: 2004-2006
- Iowa State University Animal Ecology : 2010-2012
- Dog Business School: 2018-2019
- Training Between The Ears Course: 2020
- Dog Naturally Raw Feeding Course: 2020
- Consider The Dog Courses: 2020
- Cesar Milan Training Cesars Way Fundamentals: 2021
- Larry Krohn/Joel Silverman/Jay Jack Workshop: 2022
- Linn Boyke Pressure Matrix: 2022
Ryan has been working alongside Kim for 19 years. He’s learned so much working hands on with dogs in a variety of different settings. He helps with our pack outings, handles reactive dogs, supports clients during client events, manages the backend of the business and supports the family and business in every way.
Caleb is our training apprentice and will often be seen on the trails with the pack or driving the dog van around town.